3rd Annual Memorial Day Old Fashion Barbeque
HONORING OUR NATIONS FALLEN SOLDIERS
Memorial Ceremony * Music * Entertainment * Stepping
RTW VETERAN CENTER
5536 South King Drive, Chicago, IL 60637
- Clean out basement to investigate if the sewage line broke
- Pump out water
- Spray walls with bleach
- Cordova C-MAX Coveralls with Attached Hood- $5
2. Respirator- $25
3. Rubber Boots- $20
4. Safety Glasses- $4
5. Rubber Gloves- $3
6. Sprayer- $10
- Remove/properly seal exposed wiring
- Install outlets and swirch covers
- Install light fixtures in stairwell, 3rd floor, and bathroom
- Install bathroom fan
25 Outlet Covers
15 Switchplate Covers
3-4 Light Fixtures
1 Bathroom Fan
Front Door Repairs
- Repair/ replace rotted boards inside and out
- Scrape & paint
- Replace missing mortar
Paint Scrappers- $10
Exterior paint: Red, Blue, and/or White- $30/gal
Caulk (Contractors Pack)- $20
6 tubes Mortar, Sikaflex 10.1 fl. oz. Concrete Fix- $40
Concrete Acnhors- $25
Front Stairwell Repairs
- Install Capstone
- Install Handrails
Two 8' haindrails & mounting hardware
Contractor's service to tuckpoint and mount railings
- 5'5''x5' section needs to be repaired/replaced
1. Contractor's Service
- Tow the van away
- Clean up the rear yard junk, trash, and rubbish
- Cut down tree saplings
- Pull weeds
- Mow lawn
- Weed Wackers- $20
- Large Pruning Loppers- $20
- Work Gloves- $10/package
- Contractor Waste Bags- $26
- Six Cylinder Blocks- $8
Garage: 25’ wide x 25’ deep
- Clear off vines and weeds
- Clean out and put in Decon
- Scrape and paint wood trim
- Install gutters and Downspouts
- Install door
- 3 gallons paint – red, white or blue
- Paint scrappers
- Replacement boards for rotted ones that can’t be repaired
- Paint brushes
- Gutters and down spouts
- Exterior Door
Kitchen Floor Repairs
Kitchen floor- 10'4"x11'
Current floor is original wood tongue and groove
Install plywood underlayment and press-on tiles
- 5 sheets of 4x8 Plywood underlayment -$20 each
2. Polymer coated screws, 1 ¼”- $7/box., need 2 boxes
3. Vinyl tiles 121 sq feet plus overage- 34 cents/sq ft., $15.30 per case. Need 3 cases
4. Quart of vinyl adhesive- $5
5. Two door thresholds- $25
- Leaking in two front rooms and stairwell
- Need a roofing contractor/company to investigate and repair
1. Contractor's Service
- Repair foundation of the Parapet
1. Contractor's Service
Interior Stairwell Repairs
- Install hand railings from 2nd floor landing up to 3rd floor
- Patch walls and paint
- Install spindles on 2nd floor
- 3-4 spindles for stairs- $2 each
- 20 sets of mounting hardware- $4/set
- Hand railing sections: 3’3”, 13’, 7’, 6’, 3’7”, 4’. (Approx. 30 feet total)- $2.65/foot
- Two 4.5-gallon buckets, Mid-grade joint compound- $11 each
- 6 Tape knife set- $2.76 each
- Sandpaper, multiple grit packages-$4/pack, 4 packages
- Three 5 gallons of white interior paint. Paint & Primer- $123 each
- 4-Paint tool kits- $10 each
- Need to install smoke detectors throughout building
Twenty Smoke detectors- $5
Batteries (AA or AAA depending on model)
1. Large front window: 54”wide x 73” high. Solid pane is double thermal glass but can be replaced with a sheet of Plexiglas.
- Need a contractor for repairs.
- Materials needed: Plexiglas, 1” or 2” boards to frame it in.
2. 4 windows double paned thermal: outside dimension 33” wide x 72” high. Broken panes are 31” wide x 36” high.
Need contractor to replace entire window or a sponsor of the panes’ repairs.
RTW VETERAN CENTER’S – CEO Space International Scholarship Drive
RTW VETERAN CENTER is receiving help from CEO Space International in developing and funding our sustainability program that includes a nationwide chain of thrift stores.
CEO Space International is a “business accelerator entrepreneurial organization” whose members includes Les Brown, Bob Proctor and others and is responsible for developing businesses which includes the book “The Secret”, Chicken Soup for the Soul book series, and the Rich Dad Poor Dad game. They are responsible for assisting in the raising of billions of dollars to fund businesses. Forbes Magazine named CEO Space International as one of the top five must attend business events in 2015. Read More about CEO Space Here
And don't forget to check out the following:
We need to raise money to attend their December business development forum where they will be helping us with our sustainability program. RTW VETERAN CENTER needs to raise fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000).
RTW is seeking donations for our Scholarship to CEO Space International; Your help will allow us to become self-sufficient as an organization. These Scholarship donations are tax deductible.
Please respond by clicking our Paypal link or mail your scholarship donation to:
RTW VETERAN CENTER 5536 South King Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60637-1032
To visit CEO Space International go to: http://ceospaceinternational.com/
NOW YOU CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE SUSTAINABILITY OF RTW VETERAN CENTER.
RTW Veteran Center with The Red Cross (Chicago)
(Date Change) Wednesday July 15th, 2015, 10:00 AM,
Location: RTW Veteran Center,
5536 S King Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60637
We are doing it again on July 15th, reserve your space now!
Training people how to respond to and prepare for emergencies is a core mission of the American Red Cross. They offer a range of health and safety classes that teach you new skills, keep you knowledgeable, confident and ready to respond in almost any emergency situation. The life you may possibly save could be a stranger, a close friend or even a loved one.
RTW Veteran Center Available Housing Units
The following is a listing of RTW Veteran Center’s current housing units that is part of our direct inventory. At present all existing housing units are located in Chicago. More housing for homeless veterans and those that are in need is being acquired and or developed by RTW Veteran Center to include, emergency, transitional, and permanent housing.
Jack, Katheryn, and Sky is hurt...
is afraid... is alone... and abandoned
Together, we can Remake Their World (RTW).
Every month, a Veteran suffering from PTSD, an abused mother, and a youth in crisis are part of the statistics that make up the poverty, drugs, gangs, crime, and violence that terrorizes one of Chicago’s many inner city war zone neighborhoods that have some calling Chicago “Chi-Raq”, after Iraq, because of the murders and violence coming out of our city. For these traumatized Americans, the American Dream has become an American nightmare.